Discover our region
Located in the district of Saone & Loire in the South of Burgundy, the Charolais region offers much to do in terms of tourism, culture, sports, and of course good food.
Le Montet is close to 2 small towns with shopping facilities (Palinges and Genelard).
What to do in Le Montet :
The canal offers fishing and walking along the towpath
The lake (distance 500m) offers fishing, snack-bar in the summer (fishing permits for sale in the tobacconist’s in Palinges)
- Discover the village (distance 1 km) : http://otpalinges.esy.es/
- History of the village : http://palingesaupasse.esy.es/
- Palinges area newsletter: http://lepalingeois.magix.net/public/index3.html
- virtual Palinges tourist office : http://otpalinges.esy.es/
- Palinges city hall : http://mairiepalinges.raidghost.com/index.html
Digoine: the castle Palinges: the church
Ciry le Noble
Within 20 kms
Charolles was Charles the Bold’s city, it features many relics from the 15th and 16th centuries.
Paray le Monial
A city of cultural and spiritual interest with the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, a masterpiece of local romanesque 12th century art, Paray le Monial is proud of its rich and beautiful heritage.
Between 20 and 50 kms
Museum of Agriculture Equipment
Hiking and Green Trail
Saint-Christophe-en-Brionnais (39 kms)
On Wednesdays: cattle market
Bourbon-Lancy (43 kms)
The old quarter with half-timbered houses, a belfry, gardens and fountains
Iguerande (50 kms)
Leblanc Artisan Oil Factory